Mar 9, 2011, 9:07 AM EDT
For those of you who (a) were Bob Feller fans; and (b) will be in Cleveland at the end of the month — and who wouldn’t be in both of those categories? — you can go to the public memorial service that has been planned for him. The Indians announced it this morning. It will be March 31 at St. Paul’s Episcopal Church in Cleveland Heights.
Your mileage may vary when it comes to these things, but I have this feeling that this service will be more in keeping with Feller’s personality than the video tribute the team gave him last week during the Cactus League opener against the Reds. I mean, yes, their hearts were in the right place and the video was nice, but I just don’t feature Feller as a Sarah McLachlan “I will remember you” kind of guy.
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 35
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 10
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 4
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 60
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 78
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)