Mar 9, 2011, 9:07 AM EDT
For those of you who (a) were Bob Feller fans; and (b) will be in Cleveland at the end of the month — and who wouldn’t be in both of those categories? — you can go to the public memorial service that has been planned for him. The Indians announced it this morning. It will be March 31 at St. Paul’s Episcopal Church in Cleveland Heights.
Your mileage may vary when it comes to these things, but I have this feeling that this service will be more in keeping with Feller’s personality than the video tribute the team gave him last week during the Cactus League opener against the Reds. I mean, yes, their hearts were in the right place and the video was nice, but I just don’t feature Feller as a Sarah McLachlan “I will remember you” kind of guy.
- Carlos Carrasco has a no-hitter through eight vs. the Rays 0
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 7
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 30
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 48
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 69
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 75
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)