Mar 9, 2011, 9:07 AM EDT
For those of you who (a) were Bob Feller fans; and (b) will be in Cleveland at the end of the month — and who wouldn’t be in both of those categories? — you can go to the public memorial service that has been planned for him. The Indians announced it this morning. It will be March 31 at St. Paul’s Episcopal Church in Cleveland Heights.
Your mileage may vary when it comes to these things, but I have this feeling that this service will be more in keeping with Feller’s personality than the video tribute the team gave him last week during the Cactus League opener against the Reds. I mean, yes, their hearts were in the right place and the video was nice, but I just don’t feature Feller as a Sarah McLachlan “I will remember you” kind of guy.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 0
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 51
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 77
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 65
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 21
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)