Mar 9, 2011, 9:07 AM EDT
For those of you who (a) were Bob Feller fans; and (b) will be in Cleveland at the end of the month — and who wouldn’t be in both of those categories? — you can go to the public memorial service that has been planned for him. The Indians announced it this morning. It will be March 31 at St. Paul’s Episcopal Church in Cleveland Heights.
Your mileage may vary when it comes to these things, but I have this feeling that this service will be more in keeping with Feller’s personality than the video tribute the team gave him last week during the Cactus League opener against the Reds. I mean, yes, their hearts were in the right place and the video was nice, but I just don’t feature Feller as a Sarah McLachlan “I will remember you” kind of guy.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8