Mar 9, 2011, 9:07 AM EDT
For those of you who (a) were Bob Feller fans; and (b) will be in Cleveland at the end of the month — and who wouldn’t be in both of those categories? — you can go to the public memorial service that has been planned for him. The Indians announced it this morning. It will be March 31 at St. Paul’s Episcopal Church in Cleveland Heights.
Your mileage may vary when it comes to these things, but I have this feeling that this service will be more in keeping with Feller’s personality than the video tribute the team gave him last week during the Cactus League opener against the Reds. I mean, yes, their hearts were in the right place and the video was nice, but I just don’t feature Feller as a Sarah McLachlan “I will remember you” kind of guy.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 64
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 50
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)