Mar 10, 2011, 4:41 PM EST
Brandon Webb has all but been ruled out to begin the season in the Rangers’ rotation, but he took the mound yesterday for his first action against live hitters and … well, manager Ron Washington didn’t sound very impressed:
There were some good and some not so good. But there was some sink. It wasn’t the heavy sink that we’ll see.
In three weeks it will have been two full calendar years since Webb last started a major-league game and he’s nearly 18 months removed from shoulder surgery, so we’re closing in on the point when it’s safe to wonder if his Cy Young-caliber raw stuff and power sinker are ever going to return.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 67
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 25
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 66
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 256
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (256)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)