Mar 10, 2011, 4:41 PM EDT
Brandon Webb has all but been ruled out to begin the season in the Rangers’ rotation, but he took the mound yesterday for his first action against live hitters and … well, manager Ron Washington didn’t sound very impressed:
There were some good and some not so good. But there was some sink. It wasn’t the heavy sink that we’ll see.
In three weeks it will have been two full calendar years since Webb last started a major-league game and he’s nearly 18 months removed from shoulder surgery, so we’re closing in on the point when it’s safe to wonder if his Cy Young-caliber raw stuff and power sinker are ever going to return.
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Chargers ink Freeney for 2 years, $8.5 million
- PFT: Teammate says Titus Young opened up to him