Mar 10, 2011, 8:48 AM EDT
Ryan Lawrence tweets that Charlie Manuel’s contract extension is now official.
Presumably it’s along the lines of what Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com reported yesterday and is in the $3.5 million — $4 million range for two years. Since Manuel is under contract for this season already, that keeps him in red pinstripes through 2013.
When reached for comment, Manuel will probably say “gee, that’s swell, ain’t it?”
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (135)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)