Mar 10, 2011, 8:48 AM EST
Ryan Lawrence tweets that Charlie Manuel’s contract extension is now official.
Presumably it’s along the lines of what Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com reported yesterday and is in the $3.5 million — $4 million range for two years. Since Manuel is under contract for this season already, that keeps him in red pinstripes through 2013.
When reached for comment, Manuel will probably say “gee, that’s swell, ain’t it?”
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 26
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 56
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 28
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)