Mar 10, 2011, 8:48 AM EDT
Ryan Lawrence tweets that Charlie Manuel’s contract extension is now official.
Presumably it’s along the lines of what Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com reported yesterday and is in the $3.5 million — $4 million range for two years. Since Manuel is under contract for this season already, that keeps him in red pinstripes through 2013.
When reached for comment, Manuel will probably say “gee, that’s swell, ain’t it?”
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 74
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 82
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 53
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11