Mar 10, 2011, 12:59 PM EDT
Mariners outfielder Franklin Gutierrez is married to Luis Salazar’s daughter. As such it is understandable that he has left M’s camp for a few days to fly to Florida with his wife to be with Salazar as he recovers from the foul ball incident.
As for Salazar, there haven’t been any updates beyond that there appears to be no brain damage and that he has spoken with and responded to doctors. There is speculation among those in the Braves camp that Salazar may lose the use of his left eye, though it hasn’t been confirmed. Dave O’Brien reports that the status of his eye may not be known for a couple of days.
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 70
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 47
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 9
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)