Mar 10, 2011, 12:59 PM EDT
Mariners outfielder Franklin Gutierrez is married to Luis Salazar’s daughter. As such it is understandable that he has left M’s camp for a few days to fly to Florida with his wife to be with Salazar as he recovers from the foul ball incident.
As for Salazar, there haven’t been any updates beyond that there appears to be no brain damage and that he has spoken with and responded to doctors. There is speculation among those in the Braves camp that Salazar may lose the use of his left eye, though it hasn’t been confirmed. Dave O’Brien reports that the status of his eye may not be known for a couple of days.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 109
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 153
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 22
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 52
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 56
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 356
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (356)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (199)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (170)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (155)