Mar 10, 2011, 12:59 PM EDT
Mariners outfielder Franklin Gutierrez is married to Luis Salazar’s daughter. As such it is understandable that he has left M’s camp for a few days to fly to Florida with his wife to be with Salazar as he recovers from the foul ball incident.
As for Salazar, there haven’t been any updates beyond that there appears to be no brain damage and that he has spoken with and responded to doctors. There is speculation among those in the Braves camp that Salazar may lose the use of his left eye, though it hasn’t been confirmed. Dave O’Brien reports that the status of his eye may not be known for a couple of days.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (90)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (84)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)