Mar 10, 2011, 12:59 PM EDT
Mariners outfielder Franklin Gutierrez is married to Luis Salazar’s daughter. As such it is understandable that he has left M’s camp for a few days to fly to Florida with his wife to be with Salazar as he recovers from the foul ball incident.
As for Salazar, there haven’t been any updates beyond that there appears to be no brain damage and that he has spoken with and responded to doctors. There is speculation among those in the Braves camp that Salazar may lose the use of his left eye, though it hasn’t been confirmed. Dave O’Brien reports that the status of his eye may not be known for a couple of days.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 43
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 32
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 211
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 31
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 42
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (211)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (103)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)