Mar 10, 2011, 12:59 PM EDT
Mariners outfielder Franklin Gutierrez is married to Luis Salazar’s daughter. As such it is understandable that he has left M’s camp for a few days to fly to Florida with his wife to be with Salazar as he recovers from the foul ball incident.
As for Salazar, there haven’t been any updates beyond that there appears to be no brain damage and that he has spoken with and responded to doctors. There is speculation among those in the Braves camp that Salazar may lose the use of his left eye, though it hasn’t been confirmed. Dave O’Brien reports that the status of his eye may not be known for a couple of days.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 70
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 10
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 215
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (215)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)