Mar 10, 2011, 3:08 PM EDT
Besides my family, there are only a handful of things that bring me unequivocal joy in this world. Baseball is one, of course. Good whiskey. Good music too, and of the many styles I enjoy, jazz may be the one that moves me the most emotionally.
So when I see Kenny G taking batting practice with the Yankees, I realize that he has now desecrated two of the four things on my list.
If he ever comes near my family or if he opens up a distillery, I can’t be held responsible for my actions.
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 11
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 14
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 26
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 5
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 23
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (99)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)