Mar 10, 2011, 3:08 PM EDT
Besides my family, there are only a handful of things that bring me unequivocal joy in this world. Baseball is one, of course. Good whiskey. Good music too, and of the many styles I enjoy, jazz may be the one that moves me the most emotionally.
So when I see Kenny G taking batting practice with the Yankees, I realize that he has now desecrated two of the four things on my list.
If he ever comes near my family or if he opens up a distillery, I can’t be held responsible for my actions.
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 7
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 11
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 88
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 72
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)