Mar 10, 2011, 3:08 PM EDT
Besides my family, there are only a handful of things that bring me unequivocal joy in this world. Baseball is one, of course. Good whiskey. Good music too, and of the many styles I enjoy, jazz may be the one that moves me the most emotionally.
So when I see Kenny G taking batting practice with the Yankees, I realize that he has now desecrated two of the four things on my list.
If he ever comes near my family or if he opens up a distillery, I can’t be held responsible for my actions.
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 1
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 19
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 346
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 81
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 53
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 149
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 44
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (345)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (173)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (161)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)