Mar 10, 2011, 3:23 PM EST
Matt Cain returned to the mound Monday with a bullpen session and threw a three-inning simulated game today, so it looks like he’s fully recovered from the elbow problems that caused him to miss a start last week.
Barring a setback Cain will likely have three spring training starts before his regular season debut, which is scheduled for the Giants’ third game. Bruce Bochy told Shea that should be plenty of time for Cain to be ready.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 91
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 27
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 66
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 257
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (257)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)