Mar 10, 2011, 3:23 PM EDT
Matt Cain returned to the mound Monday with a bullpen session and threw a three-inning simulated game today, so it looks like he’s fully recovered from the elbow problems that caused him to miss a start last week.
Barring a setback Cain will likely have three spring training starts before his regular season debut, which is scheduled for the Giants’ third game. Bruce Bochy told Shea that should be plenty of time for Cain to be ready.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 4
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 14
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 56
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)