Mar 10, 2011, 3:23 PM EDT
Matt Cain returned to the mound Monday with a bullpen session and threw a three-inning simulated game today, so it looks like he’s fully recovered from the elbow problems that caused him to miss a start last week.
Barring a setback Cain will likely have three spring training starts before his regular season debut, which is scheduled for the Giants’ third game. Bruce Bochy told Shea that should be plenty of time for Cain to be ready.
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 1
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 6
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 5
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 14
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 44
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 31
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 45
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 11
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)