Mar 10, 2011, 11:31 AM EST
Before you read the link below, please be sure to click this brief audio file:
Thank you. You may now proceed to a lengthy comparison of Josh Beckett’s Red Sox career to the “Star Trek” movie franchise.
And yes, I can call the author a nerd because I too like the “Star Trek” films, because that audio file is a capture of my daughter calling me a baseball geek, and because we can call each other that.
But you can’t.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 9
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 62
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 71
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 57
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)