Mar 10, 2011, 11:31 AM EDT
Before you read the link below, please be sure to click this brief audio file:
Thank you. You may now proceed to a lengthy comparison of Josh Beckett’s Red Sox career to the “Star Trek” movie franchise.
And yes, I can call the author a nerd because I too like the “Star Trek” films, because that audio file is a capture of my daughter calling me a baseball geek, and because we can call each other that.
But you can’t.
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 58
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 16
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- Steven Matz stellar on the mound — and at the plate — in his major league debut for the Mets 19
- The 2015 Gillette Home Run Derby will have a new format 32
- Meet the Matz! The Mets call up Steven Matz to make his MLB debut 11
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 23
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (108)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)