Mar 10, 2011, 9:49 PM EST
Brewers second baseman Rickie Weeks probably won’t play in a Cactus League game for the next couple of days.
According to Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, Weeks made an early exit Thursday from the Brewers’ exhibition matchup against the Rockies due to tightness in his groin.
Brewers manager Ron Roenicke told reporters after the game that pulling Weeks was a precautionary measure and that the groin tightness is minor.
If that is indeed the case, the 28-year-old should be back in the lineup by the end of this weekend. Or at least by early next week.
The Brewers inked Weeks to a four-year, $38.5 million extension in mid-February and are expecting another stellar season from him in 2011. He finished with 29 homers, 83 RBI and an .830 OPS in 2010.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)