Mar 10, 2011, 5:30 PM EDT
About a year ago Ron Villone was cut by the Nats. Then a few weeks later he was back working out with the Nats. He ended up pitching 41 games for the Nats’ AAA team last season. Then he flew off to whatever magical land old crafty lefties go to warm themselves over the winter. Now he has signed with the Nats again.
At some point scientists are going to crack the whole mortality thing. When they do, I’m sure the potion that is used to give us all eternal life will involve extract-of-lefty.
Oh, and you’ll note that there is no picture for this entry. That’s because I did a photo search on all of the photo databases for which we have publishing rights. The search result came back: “Really? Villone? C’mon, you don’t really need a photo of Ron Villone, do ya? Seriously?”
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)