Mar 10, 2011, 5:30 PM EST
About a year ago Ron Villone was cut by the Nats. Then a few weeks later he was back working out with the Nats. He ended up pitching 41 games for the Nats’ AAA team last season. Then he flew off to whatever magical land old crafty lefties go to warm themselves over the winter. Now he has signed with the Nats again.
At some point scientists are going to crack the whole mortality thing. When they do, I’m sure the potion that is used to give us all eternal life will involve extract-of-lefty.
Oh, and you’ll note that there is no picture for this entry. That’s because I did a photo search on all of the photo databases for which we have publishing rights. The search result came back: “Really? Villone? C’mon, you don’t really need a photo of Ron Villone, do ya? Seriously?”
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 8
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 18
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (94)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (84)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (70)