Mar 10, 2011, 5:30 PM EST
About a year ago Ron Villone was cut by the Nats. Then a few weeks later he was back working out with the Nats. He ended up pitching 41 games for the Nats’ AAA team last season. Then he flew off to whatever magical land old crafty lefties go to warm themselves over the winter. Now he has signed with the Nats again.
At some point scientists are going to crack the whole mortality thing. When they do, I’m sure the potion that is used to give us all eternal life will involve extract-of-lefty.
Oh, and you’ll note that there is no picture for this entry. That’s because I did a photo search on all of the photo databases for which we have publishing rights. The search result came back: “Really? Villone? C’mon, you don’t really need a photo of Ron Villone, do ya? Seriously?”
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (98)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)