Mar 10, 2011, 5:30 PM EDT
About a year ago Ron Villone was cut by the Nats. Then a few weeks later he was back working out with the Nats. He ended up pitching 41 games for the Nats’ AAA team last season. Then he flew off to whatever magical land old crafty lefties go to warm themselves over the winter. Now he has signed with the Nats again.
At some point scientists are going to crack the whole mortality thing. When they do, I’m sure the potion that is used to give us all eternal life will involve extract-of-lefty.
Oh, and you’ll note that there is no picture for this entry. That’s because I did a photo search on all of the photo databases for which we have publishing rights. The search result came back: “Really? Villone? C’mon, you don’t really need a photo of Ron Villone, do ya? Seriously?”
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8