Mar 10, 2011, 9:57 AM EST
Police in a Phoenix suburb are searching for a stolen 1967 Camaro belonging to Tampa Bay All-Star third baseman Evan Longoria … The Camaro and a classic 1970 Buick belonging to someone else were stolen from a fenced yard last weekend as they awaited restoration work. Chandler police say they recovered the Buick on Tuesday. A man walking his dog found the car abandoned near a vacant warehouse in Queen Creek, some 15 miles southeast of Chandler.
Really? Abandoned? Back when I was a boy, car thieves got their merch into a chop shop within minutes of boosting it and the remains were on their way to shady parts dealers withing the hour. Now they’re just abandoning the stuff by the side of the road? And police actually think they’ll recover the Camaro too?
Man, kids these days have no ambition or work ethic. Makes me sad, really.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 108
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 40
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 5
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 4
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 367
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (367)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (308)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (110)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (85)