Mar 10, 2011, 9:57 AM EDT
Police in a Phoenix suburb are searching for a stolen 1967 Camaro belonging to Tampa Bay All-Star third baseman Evan Longoria … The Camaro and a classic 1970 Buick belonging to someone else were stolen from a fenced yard last weekend as they awaited restoration work. Chandler police say they recovered the Buick on Tuesday. A man walking his dog found the car abandoned near a vacant warehouse in Queen Creek, some 15 miles southeast of Chandler.
Really? Abandoned? Back when I was a boy, car thieves got their merch into a chop shop within minutes of boosting it and the remains were on their way to shady parts dealers withing the hour. Now they’re just abandoning the stuff by the side of the road? And police actually think they’ll recover the Camaro too?
Man, kids these days have no ambition or work ethic. Makes me sad, really.
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 4
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 21
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 18
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 9
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 24
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)