Mar 10, 2011, 9:57 AM EST
Police in a Phoenix suburb are searching for a stolen 1967 Camaro belonging to Tampa Bay All-Star third baseman Evan Longoria … The Camaro and a classic 1970 Buick belonging to someone else were stolen from a fenced yard last weekend as they awaited restoration work. Chandler police say they recovered the Buick on Tuesday. A man walking his dog found the car abandoned near a vacant warehouse in Queen Creek, some 15 miles southeast of Chandler.
Really? Abandoned? Back when I was a boy, car thieves got their merch into a chop shop within minutes of boosting it and the remains were on their way to shady parts dealers withing the hour. Now they’re just abandoning the stuff by the side of the road? And police actually think they’ll recover the Camaro too?
Man, kids these days have no ambition or work ethic. Makes me sad, really.
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 21
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 51
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 40
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (136)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (131)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)