Mar 10, 2011, 9:57 AM EDT
Police in a Phoenix suburb are searching for a stolen 1967 Camaro belonging to Tampa Bay All-Star third baseman Evan Longoria … The Camaro and a classic 1970 Buick belonging to someone else were stolen from a fenced yard last weekend as they awaited restoration work. Chandler police say they recovered the Buick on Tuesday. A man walking his dog found the car abandoned near a vacant warehouse in Queen Creek, some 15 miles southeast of Chandler.
Really? Abandoned? Back when I was a boy, car thieves got their merch into a chop shop within minutes of boosting it and the remains were on their way to shady parts dealers withing the hour. Now they’re just abandoning the stuff by the side of the road? And police actually think they’ll recover the Camaro too?
Man, kids these days have no ambition or work ethic. Makes me sad, really.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 11
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 99
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 2
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 5
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 73
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 47
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (99)
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (89)
- Chipper Jones will fight you if you insult his “girl” (84)
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. (76)