Mar 11, 2011, 10:48 AM EST
Doumit was scratched from yesterday’s game after feeling soreness while taking batting practice and there’s no timetable yet for his return, with Jenifer Langosch of MLB.com correctly noting that “oblique injuries often have a tendency to linger.”
Several teams are in the market for catching help following early injuries, but Doumit’s name hasn’t really been linked to many trade rumors at any point and a typical recovery period for an oblique strain would all but rule out the Pirates being able to move him before Opening Day.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)