Mar 11, 2011, 10:48 AM EDT
Doumit was scratched from yesterday’s game after feeling soreness while taking batting practice and there’s no timetable yet for his return, with Jenifer Langosch of MLB.com correctly noting that “oblique injuries often have a tendency to linger.”
Several teams are in the market for catching help following early injuries, but Doumit’s name hasn’t really been linked to many trade rumors at any point and a typical recovery period for an oblique strain would all but rule out the Pirates being able to move him before Opening Day.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)