Mar 11, 2011, 3:15 PM EDT
Roberts missed nearly the entire first half of last season with a herniated disk in his back, so the latest setback is definitely a big concern for the 33-year-old second baseman.
Manager Buck Showalter told Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun that the trainers “are talking about potentially doing some tests” on Roberts and Connolly speculates that his being available before next week “is looking like a serious stretch.”
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (90)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (77)