Mar 11, 2011, 12:25 PM EDT
Chris Carpenter was scratched from today’s start because of a hamstring injury, but Rick Hummel of the St. Louis Post Dispatch reports that he threw around 60 pitches against live hitters this morning and is now scheduled to start Wednesday against the Tigers.
Carpenter gave Cardinals fans a scare in the wake of Adam Wainwright‘s season-ending elbow injury and has been sidelined since March 1, but the former Cy Young winner told Hummel that he’s no longer worried about the hamstring problems:
You’re talking about a minor hamstring injury, not elbow surgery or a sore shoulder. I’ve had way too many other things to concern myself with a slight hamstring. I figured that eventually it would be getting better.
Barring a setback Carpenter is in line to make three spring training starts before his Opening Day assignment.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 2
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 37
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (91)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)