Mar 11, 2011, 1:59 PM EDT
Mark Bowman reports that Luis Salazar’s condition has improved: he’s talking with doctors and his family and has said he’s eager to get back to work. That may take a while, but the doctors are saying that he should be able to do so once he’s through the woods on his immediate injuries to his face and eye.
As for that: the doctors still don’t know what the story will be with his left eye. They have performed two surgeries, however, and will continue to evaluate him.
Frankly, though, the best news here is that there seems to be no loss of cognitive function or serious brain injury.
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 7
- Breaking: The Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 87
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 63
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 76
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 76
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 74
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)