Mar 11, 2011, 3:00 PM EST
That was a short time in Washington.
Cla Meredith was signed by the Nats in early February, got hurt almost as soon as spring training began, had Tommy John surgery last week and today was released. I always wonder who pays for a guy’s medical bills when this sort of thing happens. Do the Nats cover it even though he’s not on the team anymore? I figure they do, but I’m not sure.
Meredith had a nice little 2-3 year run in San Diego but he hit a wall last year with health problems and ineffectiveness. The surgery will shelve him through next spring in all likelihood, and he doesn’t have anyone waiting for him on the other side, so it’s hard to say if and when we’ll see him again.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (135)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)