Mar 11, 2011, 3:00 PM EDT
That was a short time in Washington.
Cla Meredith was signed by the Nats in early February, got hurt almost as soon as spring training began, had Tommy John surgery last week and today was released. I always wonder who pays for a guy’s medical bills when this sort of thing happens. Do the Nats cover it even though he’s not on the team anymore? I figure they do, but I’m not sure.
Meredith had a nice little 2-3 year run in San Diego but he hit a wall last year with health problems and ineffectiveness. The surgery will shelve him through next spring in all likelihood, and he doesn’t have anyone waiting for him on the other side, so it’s hard to say if and when we’ll see him again.
- Report: Jose Iglesias could miss most of the 2014 season 10
- Manny Machado dealing with scar tissue in knee, increasingly unlikely for Opening Day 8
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 51
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon 95
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 45
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (101)
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon (95)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)