Mar 11, 2011, 3:00 PM EST
That was a short time in Washington.
Cla Meredith was signed by the Nats in early February, got hurt almost as soon as spring training began, had Tommy John surgery last week and today was released. I always wonder who pays for a guy’s medical bills when this sort of thing happens. Do the Nats cover it even though he’s not on the team anymore? I figure they do, but I’m not sure.
Meredith had a nice little 2-3 year run in San Diego but he hit a wall last year with health problems and ineffectiveness. The surgery will shelve him through next spring in all likelihood, and he doesn’t have anyone waiting for him on the other side, so it’s hard to say if and when we’ll see him again.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 56
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 23
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 4
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 3
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 360
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (360)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (76)