Mar 11, 2011, 3:00 PM EDT
That was a short time in Washington.
Cla Meredith was signed by the Nats in early February, got hurt almost as soon as spring training began, had Tommy John surgery last week and today was released. I always wonder who pays for a guy’s medical bills when this sort of thing happens. Do the Nats cover it even though he’s not on the team anymore? I figure they do, but I’m not sure.
Meredith had a nice little 2-3 year run in San Diego but he hit a wall last year with health problems and ineffectiveness. The surgery will shelve him through next spring in all likelihood, and he doesn’t have anyone waiting for him on the other side, so it’s hard to say if and when we’ll see him again.
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 18
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 29
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Zack Greinke homers, Dodgers demolish the Giants 17-0 at AT&T Park 19
- Frank Torre: 1931-2014 6
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 46
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball 86
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use 92
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (86)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)