Mar 11, 2011, 3:00 PM EDT
That was a short time in Washington.
Cla Meredith was signed by the Nats in early February, got hurt almost as soon as spring training began, had Tommy John surgery last week and today was released. I always wonder who pays for a guy’s medical bills when this sort of thing happens. Do the Nats cover it even though he’s not on the team anymore? I figure they do, but I’m not sure.
Meredith had a nice little 2-3 year run in San Diego but he hit a wall last year with health problems and ineffectiveness. The surgery will shelve him through next spring in all likelihood, and he doesn’t have anyone waiting for him on the other side, so it’s hard to say if and when we’ll see him again.
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 0
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 46
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)