Mar 11, 2011, 12:53 PM EST
Takashi Saito has been unable to get in touch with his parents in Japan following last night’s massive earthquake, so the veteran reliever has left Brewers camp after asking the team for an indefinite leave of absence.
Saito was born and attended college in Sendai, where the 8.9 magnitude earthquake hit.
UPDATE: Good news, via McCalvy: Saito’s family is “safe and accounted for.”
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)