Mar 12, 2011, 12:11 PM EDT
We didn’t learn much, but Phillies general manager Ruben Amaro Jr. said that Utley has been able to do more exercises than before.
“These are kind of baby steps,” Amaro said. “I can’t sit here and say he’s this is a giant step forward or he’s going to be ready for Opening Day or anything like that. We’re comfortable with the path. It may take a while. We’ll see if he continues to show progression. Hopefully he will.
“I don’t know if it’s good news or not good news. It’s just news. It’s not a lot of news. The main thrust of this discussion is that we’ve made some consultations, we’ve done some research, and right now we’re going to stay with the rehab stuff we’re doing right now and hopefully it will keep moving forward.”
While the Phillies have sought other opinions on the condition of Utley’s knee, he is not currently scheduled to meet with outside doctors or specialists.
We can’t really say that today’s update is a bad thing, but it doesn’t sound like he’s any closer to being ready for the early part of the season.
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 0
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 6
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 52
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)