Mar 12, 2011, 12:11 PM EDT
We didn’t learn much, but Phillies general manager Ruben Amaro Jr. said that Utley has been able to do more exercises than before.
“These are kind of baby steps,” Amaro said. “I can’t sit here and say he’s this is a giant step forward or he’s going to be ready for Opening Day or anything like that. We’re comfortable with the path. It may take a while. We’ll see if he continues to show progression. Hopefully he will.
“I don’t know if it’s good news or not good news. It’s just news. It’s not a lot of news. The main thrust of this discussion is that we’ve made some consultations, we’ve done some research, and right now we’re going to stay with the rehab stuff we’re doing right now and hopefully it will keep moving forward.”
While the Phillies have sought other opinions on the condition of Utley’s knee, he is not currently scheduled to meet with outside doctors or specialists.
We can’t really say that today’s update is a bad thing, but it doesn’t sound like he’s any closer to being ready for the early part of the season.
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 5
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 61
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 17
- Pablo Sandoval sets new postseason hits record 7
- There’s nothing better than a Game 7? Well, maybe there is. 23
- Report: Cubs hire Joe Maddon as manager 60
- World Series, Game 7: Giants vs. Royals lineups 3
- Remembering World Series Game 7s of the past 30 years 30
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (277)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (145)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)