Mar 13, 2011, 4:18 PM EDT
It turns out he’s going to be just fine.
According to Adam McCalvy of MLB.com, Braun actually suffered the injury while shagging fly balls against the outfield wall during pregame warmups. He felt healthy enough to start the game and only came out in the first inning as a precaution.
Braun spoke to McCalvy on Sunday afternoon and reported feeling not only “fine,” but also better than he has ever felt in his entire life.
“It’s nothing at all,” Braun said. “I could have played [Saturday] but there’s no sense in it. Honestly, I feel better than I’ve ever felt in my life, so I don’t really need at-bats right now. There’s no doubt in my mind I’m better than I’ve ever been at baseball, so nothing positive comes from the rest of these Spring Training games. I don’t need at-bats. I feel great. So there’s no reason to take a chance right now.”
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 62
- Alex Sanabia brings back the spitball in beating the Phillies 46
- Joe Maddon shows us why limited instant replay and manager challenges are bad ideas 45
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore 67
- Apparently Miguel Cabrera’s 2013 has made his 2012 better somehow 55
- Grizzlies aim to stem Spurs' momentum
- HBT: Yankees buying share of expansion MLS team
- PHT: Kings searching for killer instinct in Game 4
- PFT: Romo out of OTAs after back surgery
- PFT: NFL want to make Pro Bowl like game show
- PFT: Bucs saw Revis injury as opportunity
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead