Mar 14, 2011, 2:21 PM EST
Despite manager Don Mattingly telling Tony Jackson of ESPNLA.com that he doesn’t expect Casey Blake to miss significant time, the veteran third baseman is scheduled to undergo what the Dodgers are calling a “precautionary” MRI exam on his injured back.
For now Blake is expected to miss just a few days, but he also struggled through back problems for much of last season, hitting just .214 with a .619 OPS between June and July.
Blake, who left Saturday’s game after suffering the injury while running out a bunt, reported feeling some improvement yesterday.
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 0
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 43
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (92)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)