Mar 14, 2011, 2:21 PM EST
Despite manager Don Mattingly telling Tony Jackson of ESPNLA.com that he doesn’t expect Casey Blake to miss significant time, the veteran third baseman is scheduled to undergo what the Dodgers are calling a “precautionary” MRI exam on his injured back.
For now Blake is expected to miss just a few days, but he also struggled through back problems for much of last season, hitting just .214 with a .619 OPS between June and July.
Blake, who left Saturday’s game after suffering the injury while running out a bunt, reported feeling some improvement yesterday.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 20
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 45
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)