Mar 14, 2011, 12:33 PM EDT
You know, sometimes I get the feeling that people don’t really take what they’re writing seriously and, rather, are just putting stuff up to bait me.
I mean, when someone writes a well-thought-out and researched analysis of the performance of players who declared themselves to be in the Best Shape of Their Lives, it has to be calculated to get me to link it, right? I mean, the guy even gives me a shout out at the end, just daring me to link it.
And you betcha I read it. And it was good (Warning: it’s very statty). And now I’m linking it.
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 14
- Maximum stay on Hall of Fame ballot changed from 15 to 10 years 36
- Jon Lester is willing to return to the Red Sox as a free agent even if they trade him 18
- Jose Abreu is third-fastest in MLB history to reach 30 career home runs 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 20
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 23
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (200)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)