Must-click link: A really bad picture of Tim Lincecum leading a most excellent feature story about him
Mar 14, 2011, 11:30 AM EDT
Really, I don’t think I’ve ever seen an uglier picture of Tim Lincecum than the one at the top of this New York Times Magazine feature story about him. He looks like a cross between Anthony Kiedis and late-period Bob Dylan. I like all three of those guys, but man, it ain’t pretty.
Assuming you can get past that, however, you’ll be treated to a great feature on one of baseball’s best pitchers and arguably its most interesting. Well, great and interesting unless you’re an Indians fan and you don’t want to be reminded — again — that Lincecum would be pitching in Cleveland right now if the Tribe had offered him $600,000 more on his signing bonus in 2005. And this is fun:
He comes from a long line of physical and athletically gifted men. His grandfather, a part-time logger, could walk up and down stairs on his hands and fistfought as a hobby.
I like those bloodlines!
- Report: Zack Wheeler expected to make 2-3 starts in minors before joining Mets 15
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 112
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 57
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 18
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 8
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (114)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (80)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PHT: Kings defend home ice, up 3-2 | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?