Mar 14, 2011, 3:00 PM EDT
Jason Heyward was held out of today’s game due to back stiffness. A week or so ago he missed action because tightness in his hamstring. In the first week of March he missed action because of a sore groin.
None of this is serious, but as an official member of the Jason Heyward is So Totally Dreamy Club, I am concerned about his durability. He was probably only physically right for a month or two early last season and battled injuries the rest of the way. In spring this year he’s been shown to be susceptible to a lot of bumps, bruises, owies and other stuff that, while falling short of any real injuries, are troublesome. I’m heartened by memories of guys like Paul Molitor who were hampered by injuries early on but for whom it all evened out later. But I’m also kind of freaked that he’ll just never be completely healthy.
Phillies and Mets fans who wish to comfort me in my time of sorry may feel free to leave their kind thoughts in the comments. Your concern for my team’s well being is almost palpable.
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 6
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 65
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 62
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)