You’ll be shocked to learn that Rich Harden has had another setback

Mar 14, 2011, 1:30 PM EDT

Rich Harden AP

Rich Harden was shut down with an injured lat approximately eight second after he put his glove on for the first time this spring.  Then the initial time the A’s thought it might take for him to get better was extended. Now, Susan Slusser reports, Harden has had another setback and he has been shut down indefinitely.

Harden had been hoping to throw off a mound tomorrow, but that’s not happening. He’s going to see a doctor today.
The upside: his doctor’s customer loyalty club card was only one punch away from a free surgery, so this will probably take care of it.
  1. BC - Mar 14, 2011 at 1:34 PM

This guy could get injured while brushing his teeth.

• heyblueyoustink - Mar 14, 2011 at 1:43 PM

Especially if he has one of those battery operated sonic toothbrushes…..Oh the humanity!

• uyf1950 - Mar 14, 2011 at 1:46 PM

My friend I would love to see posters post their “ALL INJURED OUT OF THE GATE TEAM FOR 2011″ by position:
      1st base –
      2nd base –
      SS –
      3rd base –
      LF –
      CF –
      RF –
      C –
      Starting LHP –
      Starting RHP –
      Would be fun to see who people post.

• fquaye149 - Mar 14, 2011 at 6:37 PM

It seems like the lineup you just posted WOULD be the all-injured team

2. dirtyharry1971 - Mar 14, 2011 at 2:50 PM

you will even be more shocked to learn craig wrote another worthless column today

• Craig Calcaterra - Mar 14, 2011 at 2:52 PM

Sorry I was distracted by your mom.

• okobojicat - Mar 14, 2011 at 3:04 PM

Craig, if the app store browsing wasn’t going to get me fired, the laughing out loud certainly will

• Andrew - Mar 14, 2011 at 5:36 PM

My laughter is proof that even a joke that I find overused can be funny when I don’t see it coming.

• dirtyharry1971 - Mar 15, 2011 at 1:07 AM

someone pushing up daisy’s got in your way? LOL why am i not surprised!

• cur68 - Mar 15, 2011 at 1:54 AM

dude! ginger ale come outta my nose! this stings like HELL! Punish harry, not me, ow, geez…..

3. PanchoHerreraFanClub - Mar 14, 2011 at 3:58 PM