Mar 15, 2011, 10:47 AM EDT
Justin Duchscherer missed most of last season following hip surgery and today the oft-injured right-hander indicated to Jeff Zrebiec of the Baltimore Sun that the problem that forced him to go under the knife has returned.
He’s currently waiting to see the results of an arthrogram, but in what Zrebiec described as “an ominous comment” Duscherer said: “The best I can describe it is it felt like it did last year before I had to have it operated on.”
Duchscherer was scratched from his scheduled simulated game Sunday when he had difficulty getting loose and he certainly sounds like someone who expects to receive bad news, but the Orioles will likely know more about his status later today or early tomorrow. Baltimore is on the hook for just $700,000 in guaranteed money for Duchscherer, who must stay healthy to earn the various incentives in his one-year deal.
UPDATE: Zrebiec reports that the arthrogram “showed nothing new” and Duchscherer will be re-evaluated later this week.
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 58
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 74
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 68
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 99
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (99)
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (95)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (91)