Mar 15, 2011, 10:47 AM EST
Justin Duchscherer missed most of last season following hip surgery and today the oft-injured right-hander indicated to Jeff Zrebiec of the Baltimore Sun that the problem that forced him to go under the knife has returned.
He’s currently waiting to see the results of an arthrogram, but in what Zrebiec described as “an ominous comment” Duscherer said: “The best I can describe it is it felt like it did last year before I had to have it operated on.”
Duchscherer was scratched from his scheduled simulated game Sunday when he had difficulty getting loose and he certainly sounds like someone who expects to receive bad news, but the Orioles will likely know more about his status later today or early tomorrow. Baltimore is on the hook for just $700,000 in guaranteed money for Duchscherer, who must stay healthy to earn the various incentives in his one-year deal.
UPDATE: Zrebiec reports that the arthrogram “showed nothing new” and Duchscherer will be re-evaluated later this week.
- Video: Watch Matt Harvey’s return to action against the Tigers 0
- Matt Harvey makes his return. And he was really impressive. 21
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 36
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 147
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (380)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (147)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)