Mar 15, 2011, 10:47 AM EDT
Justin Duchscherer missed most of last season following hip surgery and today the oft-injured right-hander indicated to Jeff Zrebiec of the Baltimore Sun that the problem that forced him to go under the knife has returned.
He’s currently waiting to see the results of an arthrogram, but in what Zrebiec described as “an ominous comment” Duscherer said: “The best I can describe it is it felt like it did last year before I had to have it operated on.”
Duchscherer was scratched from his scheduled simulated game Sunday when he had difficulty getting loose and he certainly sounds like someone who expects to receive bad news, but the Orioles will likely know more about his status later today or early tomorrow. Baltimore is on the hook for just $700,000 in guaranteed money for Duchscherer, who must stay healthy to earn the various incentives in his one-year deal.
UPDATE: Zrebiec reports that the arthrogram “showed nothing new” and Duchscherer will be re-evaluated later this week.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 0
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 30
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 56
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 106
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 20
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (106)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)