Mar 15, 2011, 5:26 PM EST
I can’t remember who said it on Twitter yesterday, but someone said that the first two weeks of spring training are spent talking about how everyone is in such great shape and the next two weeks are spent talking about injuries. Seems that way. All of the injury news is starting to blend together for me, frankly.
But some stick out. Like this one: Heyman tweets that Ryan Zimmerman will be shut down for five days with a groin injury. Jim Riggleman just spoke to the media and said it wasn’t serious. Of course any injury to your most important player is serious on some level, but I get what he means.
When the season starts the threshold for what causes a guy to be held out of the linuep is way, way higher. And when guys aren’t held out of the lineup, a lot of these injuries go unnoticed and unreported. For now, though: we have a ton of this kind of thing.
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 0
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 14
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 12
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 65
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 82
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)