Mar 15, 2011, 5:26 PM EST
I can’t remember who said it on Twitter yesterday, but someone said that the first two weeks of spring training are spent talking about how everyone is in such great shape and the next two weeks are spent talking about injuries. Seems that way. All of the injury news is starting to blend together for me, frankly.
But some stick out. Like this one: Heyman tweets that Ryan Zimmerman will be shut down for five days with a groin injury. Jim Riggleman just spoke to the media and said it wasn’t serious. Of course any injury to your most important player is serious on some level, but I get what he means.
When the season starts the threshold for what causes a guy to be held out of the linuep is way, way higher. And when guys aren’t held out of the lineup, a lot of these injuries go unnoticed and unreported. For now, though: we have a ton of this kind of thing.
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 15
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 53
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 33
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 103
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (103)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (85)