Mar 15, 2011, 5:26 PM EDT
I can’t remember who said it on Twitter yesterday, but someone said that the first two weeks of spring training are spent talking about how everyone is in such great shape and the next two weeks are spent talking about injuries. Seems that way. All of the injury news is starting to blend together for me, frankly.
But some stick out. Like this one: Heyman tweets that Ryan Zimmerman will be shut down for five days with a groin injury. Jim Riggleman just spoke to the media and said it wasn’t serious. Of course any injury to your most important player is serious on some level, but I get what he means.
When the season starts the threshold for what causes a guy to be held out of the linuep is way, way higher. And when guys aren’t held out of the lineup, a lot of these injuries go unnoticed and unreported. For now, though: we have a ton of this kind of thing.
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 22
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 10
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 79
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 90
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (108)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (91)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)