Mar 16, 2011, 10:48 AM EDT
Casey Blake underwent a “precautionary” MRI exam on his injured back and the results showed lower thoracic spine inflammation, with Tony Jackson of ESPNLA.com reporting that “he’s expected to miss minimal time.”
There’s no timetable yet for his return, but Blake reported feeling some improvement yesterday and is officially listed as day-to-day.
Blake struggled with back problems for a big chunk of last season as well, so the 37-year-old certainly isn’t out of the woods yet. Should he miss significant time the obvious replacement is Jamey Carroll, although he may play second base with Juan Uribe shifting to third base.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8