Mar 16, 2011, 4:40 PM EDT
This Opening Day starter news is fairly low level stuff, but at least it’s positive. The injury news is equally low-level, and that’s kind of depressing so, yay for Opening Day starter news!
The latest: the Braves, who announced that Derek Lowe will get the nod. Which just shows that Fredi Gonzalez is more Bobby Cox than even Bobby Cox was. I mean, it’s probably the case that Tommy Hanson will be the best pitcher in the rotation this year, but in Atlanta, the established veteran gets the nod, always. In fact, the last time the Braves’ Opening Day starter was not in his age-30 season or older was when Greg Maddux took the hill to kick of 1995 at the tender age of 29.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (88)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)