Mar 16, 2011, 10:15 AM EDT
Joe Mauer is making his spring training debut this afternoon, batting third and starting at designated hitter after mostly sitting out the first two weeks of camp following offseason knee surgery.
Mauer has already begun catching bullpen sessions and has repeatedly said that he has no doubts about being ready for Opening Day, so presumably he’ll see some action behind the plate by next week.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 57
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 36
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 213
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 31
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 42
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (213)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (103)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)