Mar 16, 2011, 12:00 PM EST
Terry Francona just announced that Jon Lester will be the Red Sox’ Opening Day starter (a full story on it is here). Seems right, at least if you subscribe to the “best starter from last year” theory of Opening Day starters.
Personally, I subscribe to the “Rick Mahler should be the Opening Day starter” school, but it’s fallen out of favor since Chuck Tanner died last month.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 22
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 44
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 21
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)