Mar 16, 2011, 12:00 PM EDT
Terry Francona just announced that Jon Lester will be the Red Sox’ Opening Day starter (a full story on it is here). Seems right, at least if you subscribe to the “best starter from last year” theory of Opening Day starters.
Personally, I subscribe to the “Rick Mahler should be the Opening Day starter” school, but it’s fallen out of favor since Chuck Tanner died last month.
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead