Mar 16, 2011, 12:00 PM EDT
Terry Francona just announced that Jon Lester will be the Red Sox’ Opening Day starter (a full story on it is here). Seems right, at least if you subscribe to the “best starter from last year” theory of Opening Day starters.
Personally, I subscribe to the “Rick Mahler should be the Opening Day starter” school, but it’s fallen out of favor since Chuck Tanner died last month.
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 14
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 6
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 39
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)