Mar 16, 2011, 2:20 PM EDT
I’m sure annoying bloggers isn’t a particularly big concern for Morgan, but now Adam Kilgore of the Washington Post reports that the Nationals may be getting sick of him too.
Kilgore calls that “only speculation” and it would certainly be a bold move, because whatever you think of Morgan’s value at this point Ankiel is hardly a good everyday option in center field offensively or defensively. He’s hit just .232 with a .686 OPS during the past two seasons and Ultimate Zone Rating pegs him as 8.7 runs below average per 150 games in center field.
In other words, if the Nationals are even giving serious thought to starting Ankiel in center field they must really be disillusioned with Morgan. Quite a fall for a guy who hit .351 in 49 games after coming over in a midseason deal two years ago.
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 4
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 15
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 48
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 49
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)