Mar 16, 2011, 2:20 PM EST
I’m sure annoying bloggers isn’t a particularly big concern for Morgan, but now Adam Kilgore of the Washington Post reports that the Nationals may be getting sick of him too.
Kilgore calls that “only speculation” and it would certainly be a bold move, because whatever you think of Morgan’s value at this point Ankiel is hardly a good everyday option in center field offensively or defensively. He’s hit just .232 with a .686 OPS during the past two seasons and Ultimate Zone Rating pegs him as 8.7 runs below average per 150 games in center field.
In other words, if the Nationals are even giving serious thought to starting Ankiel in center field they must really be disillusioned with Morgan. Quite a fall for a guy who hit .351 in 49 games after coming over in a midseason deal two years ago.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (226)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (86)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)