Mar 16, 2011, 2:34 PM EST
We’ll make a bunch of predictions for the 2011 season here at HBT, but since we’re still hoping to make the Olympic Prediction Team, we’re trying to maintain our amateur status and not make it an actual competition.
Wezen-Ball’s Larry Granillo has no compunction about turning pro, however, so he has a genuine contest going. It’s a point-based thing based on where teams finish, playoff results, the postseason awards, and everything. The winner will get a $30 gift card for MLB.com with which — Larry argues anyway — you can buy two tickets to a game.
I say you can put a down payment on a sweet throwback Padres cap. Either way, it’s not a bad deal.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 43
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 37
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 168
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (168)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)