Mar 16, 2011, 2:34 PM EDT
We’ll make a bunch of predictions for the 2011 season here at HBT, but since we’re still hoping to make the Olympic Prediction Team, we’re trying to maintain our amateur status and not make it an actual competition.
Wezen-Ball’s Larry Granillo has no compunction about turning pro, however, so he has a genuine contest going. It’s a point-based thing based on where teams finish, playoff results, the postseason awards, and everything. The winner will get a $30 gift card for MLB.com with which — Larry argues anyway — you can buy two tickets to a game.
I say you can put a down payment on a sweet throwback Padres cap. Either way, it’s not a bad deal.
- No, baseball does not to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 0
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 6
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 3
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 1
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 56
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 13
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)