Mar 16, 2011, 2:34 PM EDT
We’ll make a bunch of predictions for the 2011 season here at HBT, but since we’re still hoping to make the Olympic Prediction Team, we’re trying to maintain our amateur status and not make it an actual competition.
Wezen-Ball’s Larry Granillo has no compunction about turning pro, however, so he has a genuine contest going. It’s a point-based thing based on where teams finish, playoff results, the postseason awards, and everything. The winner will get a $30 gift card for MLB.com with which — Larry argues anyway — you can buy two tickets to a game.
I say you can put a down payment on a sweet throwback Padres cap. Either way, it’s not a bad deal.
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 58
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 131
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 130
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (131)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)