Mar 16, 2011, 2:34 PM EDT
We’ll make a bunch of predictions for the 2011 season here at HBT, but since we’re still hoping to make the Olympic Prediction Team, we’re trying to maintain our amateur status and not make it an actual competition.
Wezen-Ball’s Larry Granillo has no compunction about turning pro, however, so he has a genuine contest going. It’s a point-based thing based on where teams finish, playoff results, the postseason awards, and everything. The winner will get a $30 gift card for MLB.com with which — Larry argues anyway — you can buy two tickets to a game.
I say you can put a down payment on a sweet throwback Padres cap. Either way, it’s not a bad deal.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 20
- Brad Ausmus receives a vote of confidence from new Tigers general manager Al Avila 15
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 34
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 59
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 72
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 34
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 109
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” (109)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (88)