Mar 16, 2011, 2:34 PM EDT
We’ll make a bunch of predictions for the 2011 season here at HBT, but since we’re still hoping to make the Olympic Prediction Team, we’re trying to maintain our amateur status and not make it an actual competition.
Wezen-Ball’s Larry Granillo has no compunction about turning pro, however, so he has a genuine contest going. It’s a point-based thing based on where teams finish, playoff results, the postseason awards, and everything. The winner will get a $30 gift card for MLB.com with which — Larry argues anyway — you can buy two tickets to a game.
I say you can put a down payment on a sweet throwback Padres cap. Either way, it’s not a bad deal.
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 50
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 17
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 39
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)