Mar 16, 2011, 9:12 AM EST
Phillies’ third baseman Placido Polanco injured his left elbow yesterday, hyperextending it during a swing. This is the same elbow on which he had surgery back in November. He says it’s not serious, though, and it’s suspected that he’ll only miss a few days.
I think most people agree that injuries are the only thing that can derail this team, so serious or not, it’s not fabulous that Polanco joins Chase Utley, Domonic Brown and Brad Lidge on the Phillies injury list. Still, as long as none of the starters show up there, it’s not a real cause for concern either.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 221
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (220)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)