Mar 16, 2011, 9:12 AM EDT
Phillies’ third baseman Placido Polanco injured his left elbow yesterday, hyperextending it during a swing. This is the same elbow on which he had surgery back in November. He says it’s not serious, though, and it’s suspected that he’ll only miss a few days.
I think most people agree that injuries are the only thing that can derail this team, so serious or not, it’s not fabulous that Polanco joins Chase Utley, Domonic Brown and Brad Lidge on the Phillies injury list. Still, as long as none of the starters show up there, it’s not a real cause for concern either.
- Not so fast! Dodgers-Marlins trade for Mat Latos “could be falling apart” 42
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 27
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 42
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 31
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 52
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 65
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)