Mar 16, 2011, 9:12 AM EDT
Phillies’ third baseman Placido Polanco injured his left elbow yesterday, hyperextending it during a swing. This is the same elbow on which he had surgery back in November. He says it’s not serious, though, and it’s suspected that he’ll only miss a few days.
I think most people agree that injuries are the only thing that can derail this team, so serious or not, it’s not fabulous that Polanco joins Chase Utley, Domonic Brown and Brad Lidge on the Phillies injury list. Still, as long as none of the starters show up there, it’s not a real cause for concern either.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 8
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 160
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 6
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (161)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)