Mar 16, 2011, 9:12 AM EDT
Phillies’ third baseman Placido Polanco injured his left elbow yesterday, hyperextending it during a swing. This is the same elbow on which he had surgery back in November. He says it’s not serious, though, and it’s suspected that he’ll only miss a few days.
I think most people agree that injuries are the only thing that can derail this team, so serious or not, it’s not fabulous that Polanco joins Chase Utley, Domonic Brown and Brad Lidge on the Phillies injury list. Still, as long as none of the starters show up there, it’s not a real cause for concern either.
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 7
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 11
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 88
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 72
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)