Mar 16, 2011, 9:12 AM EDT
Phillies’ third baseman Placido Polanco injured his left elbow yesterday, hyperextending it during a swing. This is the same elbow on which he had surgery back in November. He says it’s not serious, though, and it’s suspected that he’ll only miss a few days.
I think most people agree that injuries are the only thing that can derail this team, so serious or not, it’s not fabulous that Polanco joins Chase Utley, Domonic Brown and Brad Lidge on the Phillies injury list. Still, as long as none of the starters show up there, it’s not a real cause for concern either.
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 21
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 13
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47
- Baseball is dying, you guys (149)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Watch Derek Jeter tell Joe Buck to get the heck out of the clubhouse (91)
- Adam Wainwright follows the rules and pays the price (90)
- The Astros did not sign number one overall pick Brady Aiken. This is a big deal. (90)