Mar 18, 2011, 1:18 PM EST
That works out to around $1.2 million, depending on the current conversion rate. According to Baker the Mariners have also announced plans to match any donations made by fans or front office staffers up to $100,000 and the team’s majority owner, the Nintendo corporation, has donated around $3.7 million.
To make a donation of your own, go to www.redcross.org.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 28
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 60
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 28
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)