Mar 18, 2011, 2:00 PM EDT
There are two notable things about this article in the Detroit Free Press:
- It catches us up with former Pirates and Braves shortstop Rafael Belliard, who is friends and neighbors with Luis Salazar. Belliard passes along some encouraging words Salazar told him during a recent hospital visit; and
- There’s a picture of Belliard — who is now an infield coach for the Tigers — showing current Tigers shortstop Jhonny Peralta how to field his position.
I defy anyone to look at that pic and tell me that, at least defensively speaking, you wouldn’t rather have Belliard as your shortstop — at age 49 — than Peralta right now.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 36
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 64
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 51
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 49
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 19
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11