Mar 18, 2011, 11:01 AM EST
If true, some people will be really happy. Jon Heyman. Daniel Murphy, Brad Emaus and Luis Hernandez. People who won’t like it: folks who have spent a lot of times writing about whether the Mets will release Luis Castillo.
I dunno. I don’t want him to be my second baseman, but it seems like the amount of crap he’s taken over the past year has been disproportionate to the amount he has sucked. He has shown at least some signs of life here and there. No great shakes and he has had a lot of trouble staying in the lineup, of course, but I am not at all convinced that any of the Mets’ other second base options are any better than him. His is a story of a bad contract and a couple of gaffes in high profile games.
Oh well. See you later, Luis.
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 0
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 14
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 12
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 65
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 82
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)