Mar 18, 2011, 11:01 AM EDT
If true, some people will be really happy. Jon Heyman. Daniel Murphy, Brad Emaus and Luis Hernandez. People who won’t like it: folks who have spent a lot of times writing about whether the Mets will release Luis Castillo.
I dunno. I don’t want him to be my second baseman, but it seems like the amount of crap he’s taken over the past year has been disproportionate to the amount he has sucked. He has shown at least some signs of life here and there. No great shakes and he has had a lot of trouble staying in the lineup, of course, but I am not at all convinced that any of the Mets’ other second base options are any better than him. His is a story of a bad contract and a couple of gaffes in high profile games.
Oh well. See you later, Luis.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 15
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 19
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 37
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)