Mar 18, 2011, 11:01 AM EST
If true, some people will be really happy. Jon Heyman. Daniel Murphy, Brad Emaus and Luis Hernandez. People who won’t like it: folks who have spent a lot of times writing about whether the Mets will release Luis Castillo.
I dunno. I don’t want him to be my second baseman, but it seems like the amount of crap he’s taken over the past year has been disproportionate to the amount he has sucked. He has shown at least some signs of life here and there. No great shakes and he has had a lot of trouble staying in the lineup, of course, but I am not at all convinced that any of the Mets’ other second base options are any better than him. His is a story of a bad contract and a couple of gaffes in high profile games.
Oh well. See you later, Luis.
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 16
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical 133
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 285
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (285)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)