Mar 18, 2011, 11:01 AM EDT
If true, some people will be really happy. Jon Heyman. Daniel Murphy, Brad Emaus and Luis Hernandez. People who won’t like it: folks who have spent a lot of times writing about whether the Mets will release Luis Castillo.
I dunno. I don’t want him to be my second baseman, but it seems like the amount of crap he’s taken over the past year has been disproportionate to the amount he has sucked. He has shown at least some signs of life here and there. No great shakes and he has had a lot of trouble staying in the lineup, of course, but I am not at all convinced that any of the Mets’ other second base options are any better than him. His is a story of a bad contract and a couple of gaffes in high profile games.
Oh well. See you later, Luis.
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 7
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 22
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 13
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 12
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 38
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 12
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 43
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 186
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (187)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)