Mar 18, 2011, 4:05 PM EDT
Ron Santo and Alan Trammell can’t sniff the Hall of Fame, but the Hall is going to honor this treacly, nostalgic wreck of a song:
Thirty years ago singer/composer Terry Cashman displayed his love for the national pastime with his song, “Talkin’ Baseball.” Now baseball is showing its love for Cashman and his composition, with the Hall of Fame planning to honor the song and its writer during induction weekend this summer.
Oh well. For those of you who are unfamiliar.
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PBT: Vogel downplays war of words with LeBron
- HBT: Camera catches Marlins' Sanabia with spitball
- PBT: Howard reportedly frustrated with D'Antoni
- PBT: Durant, Thunder send support to tornado victims