Mar 18, 2011, 4:05 PM EST
Ron Santo and Alan Trammell can’t sniff the Hall of Fame, but the Hall is going to honor this treacly, nostalgic wreck of a song:
Thirty years ago singer/composer Terry Cashman displayed his love for the national pastime with his song, “Talkin’ Baseball.” Now baseball is showing its love for Cashman and his composition, with the Hall of Fame planning to honor the song and its writer during induction weekend this summer.
Oh well. For those of you who are unfamiliar.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 67
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 25
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 66
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 256
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (257)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)