Mar 18, 2011, 9:15 AM EDT
Sticking with the Athletics theme this morning, Maury Brown alerts us to a job opening in Oakland. I don’t pass these along very often, but I know a lot of lawyers read this blog, so do with this what you will:
Under the direction and supervision of the General Counsel, the Oakland Athletics are currently seeking a full-time Counsel. This position will assist in advising all departments and personnel on a wide range of legal issues relating to the Company’s business including all aspects of contract law and negotiation, new business endeavors, corporate organization and governance, employment/labor law and legal and business risk assessment.
Since this is the A’s, however, you ivy league, big firm attorneys who got great grades and draft perfect documents need not apply. Hiring lawyers who have mad copying and pasting skills and who killed it at their law school’s talent show during the spring of their 3L year is the new inefficiency.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8