Mar 18, 2011, 9:15 AM EDT
Sticking with the Athletics theme this morning, Maury Brown alerts us to a job opening in Oakland. I don’t pass these along very often, but I know a lot of lawyers read this blog, so do with this what you will:
Under the direction and supervision of the General Counsel, the Oakland Athletics are currently seeking a full-time Counsel. This position will assist in advising all departments and personnel on a wide range of legal issues relating to the Company’s business including all aspects of contract law and negotiation, new business endeavors, corporate organization and governance, employment/labor law and legal and business risk assessment.
Since this is the A’s, however, you ivy league, big firm attorneys who got great grades and draft perfect documents need not apply. Hiring lawyers who have mad copying and pasting skills and who killed it at their law school’s talent show during the spring of their 3L year is the new inefficiency.
- 2014 Preview: Chicago Cubs 1
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” 34
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12