Mar 18, 2011, 9:15 AM EDT
Sticking with the Athletics theme this morning, Maury Brown alerts us to a job opening in Oakland. I don’t pass these along very often, but I know a lot of lawyers read this blog, so do with this what you will:
Under the direction and supervision of the General Counsel, the Oakland Athletics are currently seeking a full-time Counsel. This position will assist in advising all departments and personnel on a wide range of legal issues relating to the Company’s business including all aspects of contract law and negotiation, new business endeavors, corporate organization and governance, employment/labor law and legal and business risk assessment.
Since this is the A’s, however, you ivy league, big firm attorneys who got great grades and draft perfect documents need not apply. Hiring lawyers who have mad copying and pasting skills and who killed it at their law school’s talent show during the spring of their 3L year is the new inefficiency.
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 65
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 66
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 23
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 62
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29