Mar 18, 2011, 9:15 AM EDT
Sticking with the Athletics theme this morning, Maury Brown alerts us to a job opening in Oakland. I don’t pass these along very often, but I know a lot of lawyers read this blog, so do with this what you will:
Under the direction and supervision of the General Counsel, the Oakland Athletics are currently seeking a full-time Counsel. This position will assist in advising all departments and personnel on a wide range of legal issues relating to the Company’s business including all aspects of contract law and negotiation, new business endeavors, corporate organization and governance, employment/labor law and legal and business risk assessment.
Since this is the A’s, however, you ivy league, big firm attorneys who got great grades and draft perfect documents need not apply. Hiring lawyers who have mad copying and pasting skills and who killed it at their law school’s talent show during the spring of their 3L year is the new inefficiency.
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 58
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 29
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 43
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)