Mar 18, 2011, 9:15 AM EDT
Sticking with the Athletics theme this morning, Maury Brown alerts us to a job opening in Oakland. I don’t pass these along very often, but I know a lot of lawyers read this blog, so do with this what you will:
Under the direction and supervision of the General Counsel, the Oakland Athletics are currently seeking a full-time Counsel. This position will assist in advising all departments and personnel on a wide range of legal issues relating to the Company’s business including all aspects of contract law and negotiation, new business endeavors, corporate organization and governance, employment/labor law and legal and business risk assessment.
Since this is the A’s, however, you ivy league, big firm attorneys who got great grades and draft perfect documents need not apply. Hiring lawyers who have mad copying and pasting skills and who killed it at their law school’s talent show during the spring of their 3L year is the new inefficiency.
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (84)
- Blackhawks win OT thriller
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PBT: Celts, Clips restart Doc, KG trade talks
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming