Mar 21, 2011, 4:30 PM EDT
Last Thursday Giants’ closer Brian Wilson strained an oblique muscle. On Saturday he had an MRI that revealed a mild strain. Giants’ manager Bruce Bochy was guarded in his comments, noting that oblique strains can be unpredictable. My thinking was that, given Wilson’s missed time at the beginning of spring and now more missed time to close things out, that he wouldn’t be likely to make Opening Day.
He says otherwise, however, telling MLB.com’s Chris Haft that he’ll be ready. And Brian Wilson wouldn’t put anyone on, right?
Not much more to add here other than that it’s as unsettling as hell to see Brian Wilson without a beard now, so I’ve been looking for an excuse to post something about him so I could use this baby. That is all.
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 3
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 21
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 32
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)