Mar 21, 2011, 4:30 PM EDT
Last Thursday Giants’ closer Brian Wilson strained an oblique muscle. On Saturday he had an MRI that revealed a mild strain. Giants’ manager Bruce Bochy was guarded in his comments, noting that oblique strains can be unpredictable. My thinking was that, given Wilson’s missed time at the beginning of spring and now more missed time to close things out, that he wouldn’t be likely to make Opening Day.
He says otherwise, however, telling MLB.com’s Chris Haft that he’ll be ready. And Brian Wilson wouldn’t put anyone on, right?
Not much more to add here other than that it’s as unsettling as hell to see Brian Wilson without a beard now, so I’ve been looking for an excuse to post something about him so I could use this baby. That is all.
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 5
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 16
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 33
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)