Mar 21, 2011, 4:30 PM EDT
Last Thursday Giants’ closer Brian Wilson strained an oblique muscle. On Saturday he had an MRI that revealed a mild strain. Giants’ manager Bruce Bochy was guarded in his comments, noting that oblique strains can be unpredictable. My thinking was that, given Wilson’s missed time at the beginning of spring and now more missed time to close things out, that he wouldn’t be likely to make Opening Day.
He says otherwise, however, telling MLB.com’s Chris Haft that he’ll be ready. And Brian Wilson wouldn’t put anyone on, right?
Not much more to add here other than that it’s as unsettling as hell to see Brian Wilson without a beard now, so I’ve been looking for an excuse to post something about him so I could use this baby. That is all.
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 0
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 7
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 9
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 31
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 13
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (204)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)