Mar 21, 2011, 4:30 PM EST
Last Thursday Giants’ closer Brian Wilson strained an oblique muscle. On Saturday he had an MRI that revealed a mild strain. Giants’ manager Bruce Bochy was guarded in his comments, noting that oblique strains can be unpredictable. My thinking was that, given Wilson’s missed time at the beginning of spring and now more missed time to close things out, that he wouldn’t be likely to make Opening Day.
He says otherwise, however, telling MLB.com’s Chris Haft that he’ll be ready. And Brian Wilson wouldn’t put anyone on, right?
Not much more to add here other than that it’s as unsettling as hell to see Brian Wilson without a beard now, so I’ve been looking for an excuse to post something about him so I could use this baby. That is all.
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 21
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 51
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 40
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (136)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (131)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)