Mar 21, 2011, 4:30 PM EDT
Last Thursday Giants’ closer Brian Wilson strained an oblique muscle. On Saturday he had an MRI that revealed a mild strain. Giants’ manager Bruce Bochy was guarded in his comments, noting that oblique strains can be unpredictable. My thinking was that, given Wilson’s missed time at the beginning of spring and now more missed time to close things out, that he wouldn’t be likely to make Opening Day.
He says otherwise, however, telling MLB.com’s Chris Haft that he’ll be ready. And Brian Wilson wouldn’t put anyone on, right?
Not much more to add here other than that it’s as unsettling as hell to see Brian Wilson without a beard now, so I’ve been looking for an excuse to post something about him so I could use this baby. That is all.
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 2
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 3
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 33
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 2
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 12
- World Series, Game 3: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Andrew Friedman got $35 million to leave the Rays for the Dodgers … and he might be underpaid 13
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)