Mar 21, 2011, 11:04 AM EDT
UPDATE: Ben Goessling updates us: Harper sprained his left ankle. He’s day-to-day. Thank goodness it wasn’t worse.
11:04 A.M.: We don’t have any details yet, but The Nats Blog just tweeted that Bryce Harper hurt his ankle running down to first base and was “carted off the field.” They have a pic of him on the ground. It’s from a distance, though, so it’s hard to say if the situation is bad or not. That said, I can’t recall the last time someone being “carted off” anyplace was a good thing.
We’ll update when more info comes our way.
- World Series, Game 4: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 43
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 24
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 4
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 35
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 13
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)