Mar 21, 2011, 11:04 AM EDT
UPDATE: Ben Goessling updates us: Harper sprained his left ankle. He’s day-to-day. Thank goodness it wasn’t worse.
11:04 A.M.: We don’t have any details yet, but The Nats Blog just tweeted that Bryce Harper hurt his ankle running down to first base and was “carted off the field.” They have a pic of him on the ground. It’s from a distance, though, so it’s hard to say if the situation is bad or not. That said, I can’t recall the last time someone being “carted off” anyplace was a good thing.
We’ll update when more info comes our way.
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 54
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 46
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)