Mar 21, 2011, 11:04 AM EDT
UPDATE: Ben Goessling updates us: Harper sprained his left ankle. He’s day-to-day. Thank goodness it wasn’t worse.
11:04 A.M.: We don’t have any details yet, but The Nats Blog just tweeted that Bryce Harper hurt his ankle running down to first base and was “carted off the field.” They have a pic of him on the ground. It’s from a distance, though, so it’s hard to say if the situation is bad or not. That said, I can’t recall the last time someone being “carted off” anyplace was a good thing.
We’ll update when more info comes our way.
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 7
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 11
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 88
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 72
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)