Mar 21, 2011, 11:04 AM EDT
UPDATE: Ben Goessling updates us: Harper sprained his left ankle. He’s day-to-day. Thank goodness it wasn’t worse.
11:04 A.M.: We don’t have any details yet, but The Nats Blog just tweeted that Bryce Harper hurt his ankle running down to first base and was “carted off the field.” They have a pic of him on the ground. It’s from a distance, though, so it’s hard to say if the situation is bad or not. That said, I can’t recall the last time someone being “carted off” anyplace was a good thing.
We’ll update when more info comes our way.
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 26
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 7
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 7
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 29
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 32
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Zack Greinke homers, Dodgers demolish the Giants 17-0 at AT&T Park 20
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (87)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)