Mar 21, 2011, 11:34 AM EDT
It’s not even noon yet and we’ve already had a good half dozen stone cold awesome comments today. Here are my two favorites so far.
First, from commenter xnumberoneson in the Oliver Perez/Sandy Koufax thread, with a nod to the Wilpon/Maddoff story:
So let me see if I understand this: the people who bought into the idea that Oliver Perez was Sandy Koufax are the same people who “should have known” that Bernie Madoff was a scam artist?
And with that one sentence, my mind has been changed more about the Wilpon case than any of the 200 comments from chrisny3.
Next up is from reader jasonc2300 in the Barry Bonds trial thread, in which the Daily News was quoted talking about the prosecutors’ desire to keep its BALCO prosecution streak alive:
So, basically, on one side we have a selfish pursuit of impressive statistics pushing decency and fairness out of the way, and on the other side we have Barry Bonds.
As always, HBT readers are the best.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 11
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 11
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 61
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 96
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (132)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)