Mar 21, 2011, 11:34 AM EDT
It’s not even noon yet and we’ve already had a good half dozen stone cold awesome comments today. Here are my two favorites so far.
First, from commenter xnumberoneson in the Oliver Perez/Sandy Koufax thread, with a nod to the Wilpon/Maddoff story:
So let me see if I understand this: the people who bought into the idea that Oliver Perez was Sandy Koufax are the same people who “should have known” that Bernie Madoff was a scam artist?
And with that one sentence, my mind has been changed more about the Wilpon case than any of the 200 comments from chrisny3.
Next up is from reader jasonc2300 in the Barry Bonds trial thread, in which the Daily News was quoted talking about the prosecutors’ desire to keep its BALCO prosecution streak alive:
So, basically, on one side we have a selfish pursuit of impressive statistics pushing decency and fairness out of the way, and on the other side we have Barry Bonds.
As always, HBT readers are the best.
- Tigers acquire closer Joakim Soria from the Rangers 9
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 29
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 17
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 158
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 30
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (158)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)