Mar 21, 2011, 11:34 AM EDT
It’s not even noon yet and we’ve already had a good half dozen stone cold awesome comments today. Here are my two favorites so far.
First, from commenter xnumberoneson in the Oliver Perez/Sandy Koufax thread, with a nod to the Wilpon/Maddoff story:
So let me see if I understand this: the people who bought into the idea that Oliver Perez was Sandy Koufax are the same people who “should have known” that Bernie Madoff was a scam artist?
And with that one sentence, my mind has been changed more about the Wilpon case than any of the 200 comments from chrisny3.
Next up is from reader jasonc2300 in the Barry Bonds trial thread, in which the Daily News was quoted talking about the prosecutors’ desire to keep its BALCO prosecution streak alive:
So, basically, on one side we have a selfish pursuit of impressive statistics pushing decency and fairness out of the way, and on the other side we have Barry Bonds.
As always, HBT readers are the best.
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 0
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 8
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 87
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 72
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (87)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (78)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)