Mar 21, 2011, 11:34 AM EDT
It’s not even noon yet and we’ve already had a good half dozen stone cold awesome comments today. Here are my two favorites so far.
First, from commenter xnumberoneson in the Oliver Perez/Sandy Koufax thread, with a nod to the Wilpon/Maddoff story:
So let me see if I understand this: the people who bought into the idea that Oliver Perez was Sandy Koufax are the same people who “should have known” that Bernie Madoff was a scam artist?
And with that one sentence, my mind has been changed more about the Wilpon case than any of the 200 comments from chrisny3.
Next up is from reader jasonc2300 in the Barry Bonds trial thread, in which the Daily News was quoted talking about the prosecutors’ desire to keep its BALCO prosecution streak alive:
So, basically, on one side we have a selfish pursuit of impressive statistics pushing decency and fairness out of the way, and on the other side we have Barry Bonds.
As always, HBT readers are the best.
- Mike Trout, Giancarlo Stanton win the Hank Aaron Award 1
- World Series, Game 4: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 46
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 25
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 4
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 35
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)