Mar 21, 2011, 11:34 AM EDT
It’s not even noon yet and we’ve already had a good half dozen stone cold awesome comments today. Here are my two favorites so far.
First, from commenter xnumberoneson in the Oliver Perez/Sandy Koufax thread, with a nod to the Wilpon/Maddoff story:
So let me see if I understand this: the people who bought into the idea that Oliver Perez was Sandy Koufax are the same people who “should have known” that Bernie Madoff was a scam artist?
And with that one sentence, my mind has been changed more about the Wilpon case than any of the 200 comments from chrisny3.
Next up is from reader jasonc2300 in the Barry Bonds trial thread, in which the Daily News was quoted talking about the prosecutors’ desire to keep its BALCO prosecution streak alive:
So, basically, on one side we have a selfish pursuit of impressive statistics pushing decency and fairness out of the way, and on the other side we have Barry Bonds.
As always, HBT readers are the best.
- Dustin Pedroia returns to Red Sox starting lineup 0
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 94
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 11
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 229
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (229)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (105)