HBT Weekend Wrapup

Mar 21, 2011, 5:30 AM EST

Iron Eagle

Doug Masters: What’s the hold-up?

Tower: We are having trouble finding a jeep suitable for your, um, purposes.

Doug Masters: Bullsh**, you’ve got a whole country full of them!  You just lost a refinery!  Looks like they’ll be importing oil this year, Chappy!

At least that’s what I made of the news from Libya this weekend.  I had the sound down, though. Really, though, would that have made any less sense than what’s really happening?

And on we go into the last full week with no baseball that counts until November.

1. drunkenhooliganism - Mar 21, 2011 at 9:30 AM

Start with hitting the ball off the tee. When my son was two he could do that. And he couldn’t get enough of it. Catching a ball is apparently really hard.

2. BC - Mar 21, 2011 at 9:34 AM

Wakefield HAS to make the Red Sox. This is a tautology. Which is tantamount to the same thing. It is a law of nature. Wakefield must make the Red Sox roster. Quod erat demonstrandum.

3. BC - Mar 21, 2011 at 9:35 AM

PS. Heyman is a chipwich.

4. Jonny 5 - Mar 21, 2011 at 9:46 AM

I was playing catch with Jr. in the back yard around dusk over the weekend and I lost sight of the ball for a second, it wacked me so hard in the leg it almost took me down. My phone took some of the impact. He laughed at me for at least 5 minutes. My son is a shit head.

• drunkenhooliganism - Mar 21, 2011 at 10:35 AM

Nothing makes our little Phillies’ Phans laugh like pain

• spudchukar - Mar 21, 2011 at 11:06 AM

So it’s innate? Are you trying to start some nurture/nature discussion?

• Utley's Hair - Mar 21, 2011 at 11:22 AM

Come on, Jonny!! Stop whining like an overly sensitive, insecure, and yet entitled Phightins Phan!!! Suck it up and deal with it!!!!! You know…like a Dwarves fan…?

(And by your “lost sight of the ball for a second” comment, I see you are embracing the Luis Castillo rebirth era. Way to go! :P )

• Jonny 5 - Mar 21, 2011 at 1:19 PM

HA!!!!

5. largebill - Mar 21, 2011 at 10:00 AM

It is easy to dump on Schilling for being sanctimonious on the subject of steroids. However, I have to admit he has been relatively consistent. Other players have complained about cheaters but only those on other teams. Schilling does not change his tune just because a player happened to have helped put a ring on his finger.

6. marshmallowsnake - Mar 21, 2011 at 12:18 PM

I met the guitarist from King Kobra – (Never Give Up – Iron Eagle theme song) in Scottsdale a few months back…he plays guitar for a coverband, Rock Lobster here in the Valley…just thought I would mention that because of the Iron Eagle nod…

Cubs shore up rotation with Jon Lester