Mar 21, 2011, 1:03 PM EDT
Johnny Cueto left his start Saturday after just one inning because he was suffering from biceps stiffness. The Reds flew Cueto to Cincinnati yesterday for an arm exam this morning with team doctors. The verdict: “shoulder inflammation,” which seems more like a symptom than a malady, but what do I know? The upshot
This almost certainly knocks him out of his first start of the year. That is, unless his “throwing program” is two days long or something. He could probably use time on the shelf, though, as he had some forearm tightness about ten days ago too. Something ain’t right in Cueto’s arm.
- Zack Wheeler goes six scoreless innings in MLB debut 0
- The San Jose lawsuit against Major League Baseball should be thrown out of court 35
- San Jose sues Major League Baseball, challenging its monopoly power 26
- Original Biogenesis source: “the people running Major League Baseball are the biggest scumbags on Earth” 41
- Brian Cashman calls out Yankees hitting coach Kevin Long 52
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- LIVE: Spurs-Heat, Game 6
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'