Mar 21, 2011, 3:34 PM EDT
Michael Cuddyer has been sidelined for the past few weeks after having a wart removed from his foot–the gross picture of which you can see by clicking here–but Rhett Bollinger of MLB.com reports that he’s now scheduled to make his spring training debut Wednesday against the Orioles.
Cuddyer actually played in a minor-league game this morning, going 2-for-4 with a double, but Wednesday will likely be the first time this spring that the Twins have trotted out their projected Opening Day lineup after Cuddyer, Joe Mauer, Justin Morneau, and Delmon Young all missed time early in camp with injuries.
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 7
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 11
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 88
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 72
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)