Mar 21, 2011, 3:34 PM EDT
Michael Cuddyer has been sidelined for the past few weeks after having a wart removed from his foot–the gross picture of which you can see by clicking here–but Rhett Bollinger of MLB.com reports that he’s now scheduled to make his spring training debut Wednesday against the Orioles.
Cuddyer actually played in a minor-league game this morning, going 2-for-4 with a double, but Wednesday will likely be the first time this spring that the Twins have trotted out their projected Opening Day lineup after Cuddyer, Joe Mauer, Justin Morneau, and Delmon Young all missed time early in camp with injuries.
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 4
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 15
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 48
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 49
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)