Mar 21, 2011, 2:23 PM EDT
With all of the injuries lately Phillies fans can be forgiven if they took to their fainting couches a few minutes ago when Shane Victorino collided with Raul Ibanez in the outfield during the Phillies-Red Sox game. Thankfully, however, everyone appears to be OK.
Victorino took what looked to be an Ibanez elbow just above his right eye and it opened up a cut that bled. After a moment on the ground, however, Victorino popped up and jogged off the field and was seen smiling about it all a few moments later.
In other news, this is the time of the spring when everyone other than the Florida and Arizona chambers of commerce is dying for spring training to end and for everyone to head up to begin the regular season. Almost all of the jobs are decided. Everyone who can be ready for Opening Day is just about ready. The only real thing left are the injuries.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 41
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 22
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 41
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Maximum stay on Hall of Fame ballot changed from 15 to 10 years 66
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)