Mar 21, 2011, 2:23 PM EDT
With all of the injuries lately Phillies fans can be forgiven if they took to their fainting couches a few minutes ago when Shane Victorino collided with Raul Ibanez in the outfield during the Phillies-Red Sox game. Thankfully, however, everyone appears to be OK.
Victorino took what looked to be an Ibanez elbow just above his right eye and it opened up a cut that bled. After a moment on the ground, however, Victorino popped up and jogged off the field and was seen smiling about it all a few moments later.
In other news, this is the time of the spring when everyone other than the Florida and Arizona chambers of commerce is dying for spring training to end and for everyone to head up to begin the regular season. Almost all of the jobs are decided. Everyone who can be ready for Opening Day is just about ready. The only real thing left are the injuries.
- Felix Hernandez pounded as Mariners lose fourth straight 6
- Blue Jays manager John Gibbons will return in 2015 4
- HBT Daily: Why did Frank Wren get the axe? 2
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 57
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (111)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (87)