Mar 21, 2011, 2:23 PM EDT
With all of the injuries lately Phillies fans can be forgiven if they took to their fainting couches a few minutes ago when Shane Victorino collided with Raul Ibanez in the outfield during the Phillies-Red Sox game. Thankfully, however, everyone appears to be OK.
Victorino took what looked to be an Ibanez elbow just above his right eye and it opened up a cut that bled. After a moment on the ground, however, Victorino popped up and jogged off the field and was seen smiling about it all a few moments later.
In other news, this is the time of the spring when everyone other than the Florida and Arizona chambers of commerce is dying for spring training to end and for everyone to head up to begin the regular season. Almost all of the jobs are decided. Everyone who can be ready for Opening Day is just about ready. The only real thing left are the injuries.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 11
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 65
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 57
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 147
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (147)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)