Mar 21, 2011, 2:23 PM EDT
With all of the injuries lately Phillies fans can be forgiven if they took to their fainting couches a few minutes ago when Shane Victorino collided with Raul Ibanez in the outfield during the Phillies-Red Sox game. Thankfully, however, everyone appears to be OK.
Victorino took what looked to be an Ibanez elbow just above his right eye and it opened up a cut that bled. After a moment on the ground, however, Victorino popped up and jogged off the field and was seen smiling about it all a few moments later.
In other news, this is the time of the spring when everyone other than the Florida and Arizona chambers of commerce is dying for spring training to end and for everyone to head up to begin the regular season. Almost all of the jobs are decided. Everyone who can be ready for Opening Day is just about ready. The only real thing left are the injuries.
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 0
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 3
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 34
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 29
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 40
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 72
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 44
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)