Mar 21, 2011, 2:23 PM EDT
With all of the injuries lately Phillies fans can be forgiven if they took to their fainting couches a few minutes ago when Shane Victorino collided with Raul Ibanez in the outfield during the Phillies-Red Sox game. Thankfully, however, everyone appears to be OK.
Victorino took what looked to be an Ibanez elbow just above his right eye and it opened up a cut that bled. After a moment on the ground, however, Victorino popped up and jogged off the field and was seen smiling about it all a few moments later.
In other news, this is the time of the spring when everyone other than the Florida and Arizona chambers of commerce is dying for spring training to end and for everyone to head up to begin the regular season. Almost all of the jobs are decided. Everyone who can be ready for Opening Day is just about ready. The only real thing left are the injuries.
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 0
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 28
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 15
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29