Mar 21, 2011, 5:40 PM EDT
Old Gator said in a comment a few minutes ago that I seem nostalgic for the halls of justice today. I don’t think it’s that dire, but yeah, there has been a lot of legal stuff on the blog today. I’ll risk one more quasi-legal item. This is just a link, though, via MLB Trade Rumors, who has a copy of a Uniform Player’s Contract with the player’s identity redacted.
This is fun stuff, if for no other reason than there’s a clause in there — 4(b) — entitled “Condition,” in which the player promises that he has “no physical or mental defects known to him and unknown to the appropriate representative of the Club which would prevent or impair performance of his services.”
So basically: if you’re a nut job, tell your team’s Official Nut-job Reporting Officer. The forms are located just outside of his office.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)