Mar 21, 2011, 5:40 PM EST
Old Gator said in a comment a few minutes ago that I seem nostalgic for the halls of justice today. I don’t think it’s that dire, but yeah, there has been a lot of legal stuff on the blog today. I’ll risk one more quasi-legal item. This is just a link, though, via MLB Trade Rumors, who has a copy of a Uniform Player’s Contract with the player’s identity redacted.
This is fun stuff, if for no other reason than there’s a clause in there — 4(b) — entitled “Condition,” in which the player promises that he has “no physical or mental defects known to him and unknown to the appropriate representative of the Club which would prevent or impair performance of his services.”
So basically: if you’re a nut job, tell your team’s Official Nut-job Reporting Officer. The forms are located just outside of his office.
- Recapping the Winter Meetings and looking ahead to the rest of the offseason 15
- Could baseball return to Montreal? 45
- Report: Rockies nearing a multi-year deal with Boone Logan 5
- Highlights from the Robinson Cano news conference 33
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 31
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (135)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)