Mar 21, 2011, 5:40 PM EDT
Old Gator said in a comment a few minutes ago that I seem nostalgic for the halls of justice today. I don’t think it’s that dire, but yeah, there has been a lot of legal stuff on the blog today. I’ll risk one more quasi-legal item. This is just a link, though, via MLB Trade Rumors, who has a copy of a Uniform Player’s Contract with the player’s identity redacted.
This is fun stuff, if for no other reason than there’s a clause in there — 4(b) — entitled “Condition,” in which the player promises that he has “no physical or mental defects known to him and unknown to the appropriate representative of the Club which would prevent or impair performance of his services.”
So basically: if you’re a nut job, tell your team’s Official Nut-job Reporting Officer. The forms are located just outside of his office.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 11
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)