Mar 21, 2011, 5:40 PM EDT
Old Gator said in a comment a few minutes ago that I seem nostalgic for the halls of justice today. I don’t think it’s that dire, but yeah, there has been a lot of legal stuff on the blog today. I’ll risk one more quasi-legal item. This is just a link, though, via MLB Trade Rumors, who has a copy of a Uniform Player’s Contract with the player’s identity redacted.
This is fun stuff, if for no other reason than there’s a clause in there — 4(b) — entitled “Condition,” in which the player promises that he has “no physical or mental defects known to him and unknown to the appropriate representative of the Club which would prevent or impair performance of his services.”
So basically: if you’re a nut job, tell your team’s Official Nut-job Reporting Officer. The forms are located just outside of his office.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (124)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (82)
- LIVE: Bruins-Rangers, Game 5
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona