Mar 22, 2011, 9:59 AM EST
Presumably it means that Armando Galarraga is heading to the bullpen or the scrapheap, as he and Enright were competing for the fifth starter’s job. Given that Galarraga gave up five runs on six hits in five innings against the Tribe in his last start and Enright gave up only two runs in five innings against the Athletics, the writing was more or less on the wall. Not that last starts had everything to do with it. Galarraga has stunk up the joint this spring.
Oh well, not having to start will give Galarraga more time to work on his book. So there’s that.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 56
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 85
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 37
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 14
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (85)