Mar 22, 2011, 9:59 AM EST
Presumably it means that Armando Galarraga is heading to the bullpen or the scrapheap, as he and Enright were competing for the fifth starter’s job. Given that Galarraga gave up five runs on six hits in five innings against the Tribe in his last start and Enright gave up only two runs in five innings against the Athletics, the writing was more or less on the wall. Not that last starts had everything to do with it. Galarraga has stunk up the joint this spring.
Oh well, not having to start will give Galarraga more time to work on his book. So there’s that.
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 7
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 290
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (290)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)