Mar 22, 2011, 9:59 AM EDT
Presumably it means that Armando Galarraga is heading to the bullpen or the scrapheap, as he and Enright were competing for the fifth starter’s job. Given that Galarraga gave up five runs on six hits in five innings against the Tribe in his last start and Enright gave up only two runs in five innings against the Athletics, the writing was more or less on the wall. Not that last starts had everything to do with it. Galarraga has stunk up the joint this spring.
Oh well, not having to start will give Galarraga more time to work on his book. So there’s that.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)