Mar 22, 2011, 9:59 AM EDT
Presumably it means that Armando Galarraga is heading to the bullpen or the scrapheap, as he and Enright were competing for the fifth starter’s job. Given that Galarraga gave up five runs on six hits in five innings against the Tribe in his last start and Enright gave up only two runs in five innings against the Athletics, the writing was more or less on the wall. Not that last starts had everything to do with it. Galarraga has stunk up the joint this spring.
Oh well, not having to start will give Galarraga more time to work on his book. So there’s that.
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 0
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 33
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 103
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 19
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (103)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)