Mar 22, 2011, 12:33 PM EDT
I sort of root for Curtis Granderson. I watched him play a lot when he was with the Tigers and rather like him. While his last couple of years — and the fact that he turned 30 last week — don’t give me hope that he’ll ever fulfill that All-Star promise he had when he first came up, I have hoped that he’d return to 2007 form at some point just because, well, just because.
Unfortunately his 2011 season is not started out well: he has a strained oblique muscle and may have to begin the season on the DL.
Lots of strained obliques this spring. Strained obliques are the new black, I guess.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 329
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 66
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 43
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 4
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 149
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 44
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 99
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (329)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (159)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)