Mar 22, 2011, 12:33 PM EDT
I sort of root for Curtis Granderson. I watched him play a lot when he was with the Tigers and rather like him. While his last couple of years — and the fact that he turned 30 last week — don’t give me hope that he’ll ever fulfill that All-Star promise he had when he first came up, I have hoped that he’d return to 2007 form at some point just because, well, just because.
Unfortunately his 2011 season is not started out well: he has a strained oblique muscle and may have to begin the season on the DL.
Lots of strained obliques this spring. Strained obliques are the new black, I guess.
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 6
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 6
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 63
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 48
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 86
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (262)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)