Mar 22, 2011, 12:33 PM EDT
I sort of root for Curtis Granderson. I watched him play a lot when he was with the Tigers and rather like him. While his last couple of years — and the fact that he turned 30 last week — don’t give me hope that he’ll ever fulfill that All-Star promise he had when he first came up, I have hoped that he’d return to 2007 form at some point just because, well, just because.
Unfortunately his 2011 season is not started out well: he has a strained oblique muscle and may have to begin the season on the DL.
Lots of strained obliques this spring. Strained obliques are the new black, I guess.
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (84)
- LIVE: Bruins-Blackhawks, Game 4
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming