Mar 22, 2011, 12:33 PM EDT
I sort of root for Curtis Granderson. I watched him play a lot when he was with the Tigers and rather like him. While his last couple of years — and the fact that he turned 30 last week — don’t give me hope that he’ll ever fulfill that All-Star promise he had when he first came up, I have hoped that he’d return to 2007 form at some point just because, well, just because.
Unfortunately his 2011 season is not started out well: he has a strained oblique muscle and may have to begin the season on the DL.
Lots of strained obliques this spring. Strained obliques are the new black, I guess.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 0
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 8
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 13
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)