Curtis Granderson has a strained oblique

Mar 22, 2011, 12:33 PM EDT

Granderson_Curtis

I sort of root for Curtis Granderson. I watched him play a lot when he was with the Tigers and rather like him. While his last couple of years — and the fact that he turned 30 last week — don’t give me hope that he’ll ever fulfill that All-Star promise he had when he first came up, I have hoped that he’d return to 2007 form at some point just because, well, just because.

Unfortunately his 2011 season is not started out well: he has a strained oblique muscle and may have to begin the season on the DL.

Lots of strained obliques this spring. Strained obliques are the new black, I guess.

1. yankeesfanlen - Mar 22, 2011 at 12:48 PM

I hate to see this happen to Grandy, hope it won’t thwart his momentum and he will be back soon. I guess we got Andruw Jones for a purpose.

2. dodger88 - Mar 22, 2011 at 1:32 PM

What is up with oblique injuries this spring? I count at least four already.

3. phukyouk - Mar 22, 2011 at 1:38 PM

“Strained obliques are the new black, I guess.”

WOW!

4. sabathiawouldbegoodattheeighthtoo - Mar 22, 2011 at 11:01 PM

“Strained obliques are the new black, I guess.”

Is that to say that Strained Obliques are athletic and graceful, as opposed to scrappy or gritty?

• cur68 - Mar 23, 2011 at 12:13 AM

Well he said “new black” so I’m sure he meant it the other way around. So since this is Granderson we’re talking about; I think in the new paradigm he’ll be known as Mr. Scrappy McGrit himself.
      Now I’m off to change my log in handle to”NewBlack”…

5. kander013 - Mar 23, 2011 at 12:16 AM

he has had a rough offseason:

• cur68 - Mar 23, 2011 at 12:51 AM

Well hell, and I thought I was having trouble sleeping before. Now this raises the interesting philosophical question that will render me even further sleepless; what would my theme song be?….maybe the Basement Jaxx “Where’s your Head At”?

6. yankeesgameday - Mar 23, 2011 at 4:31 PM

In which I explain everything about Oblique Injuries with a photo of a super hot Czeck model. http://yankeesgameday.blogspot.com/2011/03/oblique-strains-explained.html

The Jon Lester-Yoenis Cespedes trade is a win-win