Mar 22, 2011, 2:56 PM EST
As expected, Barry Bonds’ former trainer Greg Anderson — the one man who could say if Barry Bonds knew what he was taking — was just called into the courtroom, was asked if he’d testify, refused through his lawyer, and was taken away to jail. Again.
Not much else to say about it, I suppose. He has his reasons. Maybe he likes the food inside. I’m not sure what motivates the guy, frankly. I mean, I have philosophical issues with the prosecution of Bonds too, but I wouldn’t do any time just to spite them.
All I wonder is what he says when someone in prison asks him “what are you in for?”
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 22
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 44
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 21
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)