Mar 22, 2011, 4:30 PM EDT
Kendrys Morales hasn’t been right all spring, as he continues to struggle back from the broken leg that cost him the bulk of 2010. Now Mike DiGiovanna reports that the Angels have shut him down due to soreness on the ball of his left foot. He’s back to Los Angeles, where he saw a doctor yesterday.
It’s been a nightmare spring for the Angels. Morales can’t play, Scott Kazmir has shown no indication that he’s returning to form and Joel Piniero has been hurt. I’m getting ready to start the previews for the AL West teams soon, and I gotta tell ya, the Angels don’t figure to rate terribly high.
On the bright side, just this morning, I bet Tiffany a dinner out in New York city next fall that the Angels wouldn’t win the AL West, so this is sort of good news for me.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 15
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 19
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 37
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)