Mar 22, 2011, 4:30 PM EDT
Kendrys Morales hasn’t been right all spring, as he continues to struggle back from the broken leg that cost him the bulk of 2010. Now Mike DiGiovanna reports that the Angels have shut him down due to soreness on the ball of his left foot. He’s back to Los Angeles, where he saw a doctor yesterday.
It’s been a nightmare spring for the Angels. Morales can’t play, Scott Kazmir has shown no indication that he’s returning to form and Joel Piniero has been hurt. I’m getting ready to start the previews for the AL West teams soon, and I gotta tell ya, the Angels don’t figure to rate terribly high.
On the bright side, just this morning, I bet Tiffany a dinner out in New York city next fall that the Angels wouldn’t win the AL West, so this is sort of good news for me.
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 47
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 51
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 82
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 52
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 96
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (104)
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels (96)