Mar 22, 2011, 4:30 PM EDT
Kendrys Morales hasn’t been right all spring, as he continues to struggle back from the broken leg that cost him the bulk of 2010. Now Mike DiGiovanna reports that the Angels have shut him down due to soreness on the ball of his left foot. He’s back to Los Angeles, where he saw a doctor yesterday.
It’s been a nightmare spring for the Angels. Morales can’t play, Scott Kazmir has shown no indication that he’s returning to form and Joel Piniero has been hurt. I’m getting ready to start the previews for the AL West teams soon, and I gotta tell ya, the Angels don’t figure to rate terribly high.
On the bright side, just this morning, I bet Tiffany a dinner out in New York city next fall that the Angels wouldn’t win the AL West, so this is sort of good news for me.
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 14
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 12
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 29
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 61
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (144)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (94)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)