Mar 22, 2011, 4:30 PM EDT
Kendrys Morales hasn’t been right all spring, as he continues to struggle back from the broken leg that cost him the bulk of 2010. Now Mike DiGiovanna reports that the Angels have shut him down due to soreness on the ball of his left foot. He’s back to Los Angeles, where he saw a doctor yesterday.
It’s been a nightmare spring for the Angels. Morales can’t play, Scott Kazmir has shown no indication that he’s returning to form and Joel Piniero has been hurt. I’m getting ready to start the previews for the AL West teams soon, and I gotta tell ya, the Angels don’t figure to rate terribly high.
On the bright side, just this morning, I bet Tiffany a dinner out in New York city next fall that the Angels wouldn’t win the AL West, so this is sort of good news for me.
- The Cubs to announce the hiring of Joe Maddon on Monday 38
- Cubs fire manager Rick Renteria, clear way for Joe Maddon 69
- HardballTalk’s Top 150 Free Agents for 2015 24
- Joe Maddon’s pursuit of the Cubs job called “a classless act” by some in the game 121
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 31
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 108
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 19
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 83
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (282)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- Joe Maddon’s pursuit of the Cubs job called “a classless act” by some in the game (121)
- Fox’s World Series broadcast gets a low grade from The New York Times (110)