Mar 22, 2011, 8:50 AM EST
First thing this morning the lineup for today’s Phillies-Blue Jays game was posted, listing Luis Castillo as the second batter, playing second base. A few moments ago Castillo was scratched from the lineup because Castillo is not yet at Phillies camp in Clearwater.
Personally, I blame the lack of high speed rail in this country for his inability to make the long and arduous journey between Port St. Lucie — where he likely woke up yesterday morning — and Clearwater, in under 24 hours. Or perhaps his journey was impeded by highwaymen or other wicked and treacherous obstacles between the two towns. Either way, it’s a long 180 miles and to expect a man to travel such great distances in so short a time is to expect the impossible.
Auspicious beginning in red pinstripes, eh?
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 8
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 248
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 16
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 85
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 48
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 130
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training 113
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (252)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (130)
- Yankees fans: would you give up the 2009 title just to be rid of A-Rod? (122)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (113)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)