Mar 22, 2011, 8:50 AM EDT
First thing this morning the lineup for today’s Phillies-Blue Jays game was posted, listing Luis Castillo as the second batter, playing second base. A few moments ago Castillo was scratched from the lineup because Castillo is not yet at Phillies camp in Clearwater.
Personally, I blame the lack of high speed rail in this country for his inability to make the long and arduous journey between Port St. Lucie — where he likely woke up yesterday morning — and Clearwater, in under 24 hours. Or perhaps his journey was impeded by highwaymen or other wicked and treacherous obstacles between the two towns. Either way, it’s a long 180 miles and to expect a man to travel such great distances in so short a time is to expect the impossible.
Auspicious beginning in red pinstripes, eh?
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 13
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 217
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 3
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 140
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 40
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 98
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (235)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (141)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)