Mar 22, 2011, 8:50 AM EDT
First thing this morning the lineup for today’s Phillies-Blue Jays game was posted, listing Luis Castillo as the second batter, playing second base. A few moments ago Castillo was scratched from the lineup because Castillo is not yet at Phillies camp in Clearwater.
Personally, I blame the lack of high speed rail in this country for his inability to make the long and arduous journey between Port St. Lucie — where he likely woke up yesterday morning — and Clearwater, in under 24 hours. Or perhaps his journey was impeded by highwaymen or other wicked and treacherous obstacles between the two towns. Either way, it’s a long 180 miles and to expect a man to travel such great distances in so short a time is to expect the impossible.
Auspicious beginning in red pinstripes, eh?
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 0
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 6
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 71
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 85
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 65
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)