Mar 22, 2011, 8:50 AM EDT
First thing this morning the lineup for today’s Phillies-Blue Jays game was posted, listing Luis Castillo as the second batter, playing second base. A few moments ago Castillo was scratched from the lineup because Castillo is not yet at Phillies camp in Clearwater.
Personally, I blame the lack of high speed rail in this country for his inability to make the long and arduous journey between Port St. Lucie — where he likely woke up yesterday morning — and Clearwater, in under 24 hours. Or perhaps his journey was impeded by highwaymen or other wicked and treacherous obstacles between the two towns. Either way, it’s a long 180 miles and to expect a man to travel such great distances in so short a time is to expect the impossible.
Auspicious beginning in red pinstripes, eh?
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 24
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 45
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 25
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 50
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 15
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 39
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)